Permaculture is about designing sustainable human settlements. It is a philosophy and approach to land use which weaves together microclimate, annual and perennial plants, animals, soils, water management, and human needs into intricately connected, productive communities.
Topics included in this book.
- Energy efficient site analysis, planning & design methods.
- House placement & design for template, dry land & tropical regions.
- Urban permaculture: garden layouts, land access & community funding systems.
- Using fences, trellis, greenhouse & shadehouse to best effect.
- Chicken & pig forage systems; tree crops & pasture integration for stock.
- Orchards & home woodlots for temperate, arid & tropical climates.
- Permaculture gardens: energy-saving designs & techniques.
- How to influence microclimate around house and garden.